Monday, May 16, 2011

Chickens, buttons and plants...oh my!


A few of the things that have transpired in the last couple of weekends....

1.) We expanded the chicken coop into a chicken mansion!  It is not real pretty right now, but soon it will be all painted up and a nice place for the chickens to call home. 

2.) The garden is growing!  My peas are sprouting, and carrots are planted.  I bought some new heirloom tomatoes, some basil, cucumber and pumpkin plants from our local food shelter's garden sale!  I am excited for a great harvest this year!

Peas are growing....

Lettuce, arugula, dill, flowers and spinach....

3.) Vintage button fun!  I took a Saturday trip around several wonderful antique shops in our neighboring city with a friend and found these great buttons in a jar there.  Who knows if they are truly vintage, but for $6, who could pass up these beauties?


And I used one of my favorites in the jar to make the pendant for my new necklace....


This coming weekend I am looking forward to enjoying a day outside for our yard sale and doing some more work in the yard and finally doing some sewing!

Have a wonderful week!

Ash






1 comment: