Monday, June 23, 2014

I knitted a dress....

I did!  Remember when I mentioned I got these awesome new circular needles....


And was going to make this dress...




I did it!  It is from Modern Top Down Knitting, and I love how it came out.  I didn't take as many pics as I should have of the process, but I recently wore it out to the big Farmer's Market in San Luis Obispo and got lots of great compliments.

Here is a pic of me there in my awesome new dress....

And now I want to make more!  It was actually a first in many areas, first dress I have knit, first piece this large really, first top down piece and first smocking.  Yet, it was very well explained and not a hard project.  I loved not having to do any seam work because of the top down knitting.  I definitely recommend trying this one.

But before I can more for me, I promised that I would make the hubby a new knit vest.  This will be my first intarsia piece, so I am excited about that! (Just knocking out all the firsts this year with my knitting!)

It is from Son of a Stitch 'n Bitch and has anchors on it....


Should be pretty cute!

What do you have on your hooks and needles?

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment