Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baking days....

Yesterday's theme was apparently baking.....

First, I got a wild hair to finally do some sewing that has been waiting for me for some time.  One thing that I had cut out a long time ago (ok...hate to admidt it, but I think it was close to 3 or 4 years ago!) was an apron.  It has the cutest fabric and I have no idea why it got pushed to the side.  Look at the cute owls!



And I am happy to say it was finished early enough to go do some baking in it!


But first my man and I decided to get out of the house for a few while it was nice out and walked down to the thrift store nearby.  And I found this awesome french bread baking thingy....


(Gotta love the old school box it came in!) So you shove some dough in the middle of the glass Pyrex tube and it just expands in the tube....




 Then you bake it and get yummy circle bread! :)


Well...I wasn't done with bread.  A long while back I found a madeline pan and still hadn't made them.  So for the first time I finally tried it out.



They taste good...but maybe a little over done and I filled the molds a little much.  Oh well...it was a lot easier to make than I thought and practice will make perfect. 

Hope you had a chance to enjoy some yummy baked treats this weekend, too!

Ash






No comments:

Post a Comment