Saturday, October 15, 2011

Souvenir Yarncrafting

I was recently in California visiting my family in a tiny town called Clio (as you may have read in a previous post...they have the cutest little population sign!!), and their neighboring town is a tiny tourist-y town called Graeagle.  There they had a cute little yarn shop called "Woolly Notions".  Of course I had to go!!  And what a  great selection of yarn they had!

I had also recently heard someone talk about souvenir yarn and thought it was a brilliant concept!  Why buy trinkets that will inevitably just clutter the house to say that you went somewhere, when you could get a little ball of yarn and make that into something useful and memorable!

So....I got the awesome ball of Mini Mochi by Crystal Palace yarn in a color called Lake, and have started making myself some wrist/arm gauntlets (a.k.a. warmers). I think they are turning out beautiful!


I am finished with one gauntlet, and have to admit that I bound off too tight and had to leave a little piece 'open' when making up the side,  but it is still wonderful.  Will share the finished product with you soon!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment