Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My chickens are driving me nuts!

Ok, I am going crazy...

The girls have been squawking like you would not believe lately!  One of them is broody, which is not helping either.  I have to literally go in and remove her from her box or else she will just stay in there for ever, stop laying and forget to eat....  And the book says that she should be breaking this habit very soon, but I am starting to have my doubts.

It is making me nervous that I am driving the neighbors crazy.  While chickens are legal in the city limits, I am also renting the place we live in and don't want the neighbors to complain to the landlord....

After visiting many question and answer posts and a few blogs, like Little House in the Suburbs (which I now love!) I can see that I just basically have to let them get it out of their system.  I just wish that they did not start so early in the morning!  Right now I have literally been running out in my p.j.'s to let them out of the coop at 5:30 or 6am to keep them a bit quieter, then giving them treats to try and calm them further.

Makes me long even more for a house of my own!  (Or for quieter chickens! haha)

Hope you have a quiet day~

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment