Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blueberry picking...

The other day my friend and I went to pick some blueberries before they were all picked and gone.  While we had to do a bit of searching, we both did pretty good!

It was a little farm that is just near Mt Pisgah in Eugene.  My friend knew about it, and I was surprised how close to town it was!  How come I didn't find this out sooner?


Lots of berry bushes...


Mmmmm....


The view....


You are mine, blueberry!


See, there were still a few.

And my friend gave me the best berry freezing tip ever.  It seems so simple, but it was something I never thought of.  She spreads the berries on piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and freezing the berries for about 20 minutes.  Then you put it in your freezer container and the berries won't stick together!  Duh! Maybe you already knew that, but it was one of those ah-ha moments!

Get out there and enjoy some of the summer harvest!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment