Saturday, August 11, 2012

Feature Fridays and Little House in the Suburbs!

This week I have to feature a blog that I go to all the time for tips and advice for backyard farming, Little House in the Suburbs.  I first stumbled onto the site when I was searching for advice on my loud little chickens.  Sometimes my girls get a total bug up their...ahem...feathers... and I was curious if I was doing something wrong.  I found that other people also have issues, and that girls just tend to want to squawk their little heads off when they lay an egg.  I guess if I was laying an egg that size everyday, I'd be pretty proud, too. (Or something like that.)

Anyway, Deanna and Daisy basically have everything you'd want to know and learn about working with a backyard farmyard, aka, urban farming.  Like these FAQ/Chicken Myths post that I love.  Or patterns for crochet dishcloths like this cute Cabbage Patch one...


And I think you know by now how much I love reusing and recycling and they have a whole craft section on this.  I LOVE this garden bench made from an old bed frame.  I am working on my yard this summer and think this might be just the thing I need!


And all kinds of DIY's, including body care products, cleaning products, or things for the house and garden, like this little rainbow trellis!



You can also check out their recipes, and tips to simplify.  Oh, and you can subscribe to their newsletter, and get info about all of the above as it comes out!  Last but not least, make sure to check out their Linky Party!

Hope you check out Little House in the Suburbs and find it as useful as I have!

Have a great weekend!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment