Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My most exciting thrift store find ever!

I have been beside myself this week, after getting my most exciting thrift store find ever!!  On Sunday, my hubby, my friend and I all hit the local St. Vincent de'Paul's thrift shop for fun.  I was super excited when I saw a vintage dishware set there with 56 peices!  It was so cute,and reasonably priced for a set like this at $150.  I thought that I'd better wait and see if it was still there after the holidays, when suddenly we realized that everything with a green tag was 50% off that day...and it had a green tag!!  Now....the big decision came, but I had been wanting to get rid of our boring dishes for a long time and start replacing all of our kitchen with vintage items.  So I went for it!

I know these pics are not great, but they still show off the cute little green and yellow flowers on the dishes.

And then, when we got home, we looked up the dishes, which are Franciscan Earthware, and found out that they are the 'Picnic' set made in 1971 or 1973 and that they were selling for much, much higher prices online!! And, one of the things I am really excited about is that I get to keep collecting, as there are more prices out there that were not in my collection!

What are your favorite finds?

Ash






No comments:

Post a Comment