Monday, May 3, 2010

I did it! The Eugene Half Marathon!

Well I know I have not posted in some time, but things have been super crazy, and the little time I have had off, I have either not wanted to be on the computer, or I was out running to get ready for yesterday.

Yesterday, my friend and I ran the half marathon!  It was awesome! 13.1 miles from start to finish, and we only stopped once to go to the restroom. We ran the rest of the time, which neither of us thought we could do.  It was so cool, and running through the finish line was something else!

Here is a photo of the crowd.  There were about 8,000 people participating in either the half or the whole marathon:


We started at the back because we thought we would be kinda slow, but next time, we will start a little further up because we ended up having to work our way through a lot of the walkers.  But it was so cool to see that many people there and all doing what we were doing!

And this is my friend and I getting ready to take off! Thanks to my hubby for coming down to the start line in the crazy crowd to get our photo!


I am so glad I did it, and my friend and I are already starting to figure out what is next!

I also have to share this awesome shirt I bought myself:




Ha!  I had to get it!  It also says it on the bottom of the shirt on the back...hehe.

And here is the bandanna I got for my doggie:

 

Ha!  Who knew I would actually enjoy this!?  

Ok, got to run! ;)

Ash

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the half-marathon run! The shirt and scarf are pretty funny - I can see your furry runner sporting it in style. Not that he needs very much encouragement to take off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was great! And yes...the dog doesn't need any encouragement to run. Too bad it doesn't tell him to come back when called! ;)

    ReplyDelete