Monday, January 21, 2013

New knitting skill! Cabling on wristlets...

I am so excited!  I recently went to a knitting social at JoAnn Fabrics.  My hubby works there and suggested I get some folks together to have a teacher come in and show us some tips and new skills.  I had been wanting to learn how to cable knit for some time, but just couldn't quite get the tutorials.  Now that I have learned it, I don't know why I found it so hard!

So I put my new skill to use right away by knitting up some wristlets for my mom.  They came out so good, that I think I will have to make some for myself!


They were knitted flat and then sewn up the back.  I got the pattern from Lion Brand here.


LOVE!!  I found some super soft acrylic/wool blend yarn and they knitted up quite quickly.  Amazing how adding that element makes such a huge difference.  

I think I may try making a tutorial, since I found it so tough at first to understand.  Maybe I can help shed some light for those who are self taught like me and knit kinda weird. :)

Hope you have been enjoying the long weekend.  Happy MLK, Jr Day!

Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment