Friday, February 19, 2010

My new challenge-

So my friend has started running and she is loving it.  And now she has totally gotten me into it! I have almost no lung capacity (and no...I don't even smoke...it would be bad if I did!!) so it has been hard going, but I have decided that I am going to do the Eugene Marathon in May.  I will be doing the half marathon which is 13 miles. Below is a little video of the whole course.


Eugene Half Marathon Course 2010 from Brian Flindt on Vimeo.


So my goal is to just make it through this!  Eeeps!

Last night, my friend and I went running together and she is up to 5.5 miles without stopping.  I had been able to do 2 without stopping, but I am super stoked, last night I was able to go just about 3 miles, then walked for a bit and did one more.  This gives me hope that I can actually do this marathon!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Ric, my hubby, will be doing it too!  But he will most likely ditch me...he is actually a runner, unlike me. :) He wants to push himself and see how good a score he can get.

Now all I need is to make a concrete training plan and stick to it.... Any ideas? :)

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment